For those who missed the night, or who didn't want to subject themselves to hours of me live Tweeting, here's my ... live Tweeting recap of the 2010 Oscars (@wildarschase), with some extra notes... I reorganized arrangement in the retweets, for easier reading. Full list of winners at the bottom. Full list of losers at James Cameron's house.
- I hope Kathy Ireland is new at this interviewing thing. She just profusely thanked Jake Gyllenhaal for "Brothers" like he was doing us a favor. Ed. note: Overall, some of the worst red carpet interviews I've seen. I cringed multiple times when the best questions were about what people were wearing. The one guy practically ignored Matthew Broderick, who was on hand to honor John Hughes ... or so we found out later, because we sure as hell didn't find out beforehand.
- @kimlw Hope Morgan Freeman stops chewing on cud long enough to hawk his wares next time (Ed. note: He was promoting some random, ugly bracelets for a charity)
- Notice how they don't say "Up In the Air, inspired by the novel Up in the Air." Eh, Precious?
- RT @Lbluca77: @wildarschase I’m wondering how Kathy Ireland even got this job. My guess she had to blow someone. WAC: Hence the baby bump.
- RT @SpaceMonkeyX: SJP is wearing a lovely shade of Jersey Shore Orange tonight...WAC: Which makes M. Broderick The Situation
- Kathy Ireland said Sandra Bullock "looked like an Oscar." So like an overtanned groin-less dude?
- RT @mohitsmovies: I can't wait to see when they do the 'who died this year' montage. WAC: Among those: "Bruce Willis' acting career"
- Not as popular: "The Blind Spot," a movie about errant lane changes.
- I'm surprised #Avatar isn't nominated for best animated movie. It's nominated for everything else. Ed. note: Who knew Avatar would get blue balled this whole night by not winning any big awards. And that's not considering they already have blue balls.
- With #Up winning, that'll inspire a sequel, for sure. "Down," about an elderly woman and her submarine.
- Is #Nine a reference to the number of sexual partners at once?
- It has no chance, but I loved #district9 and it deserves to win. It was the Hurt Locker with aliens.
- RT @maddiemarie: molly ringwald? what the hell is she doing there? super random. WAC: For John Hughes. And for a chance to be cast in "42 Candles"
- Great tribute to John Hughes.... wish they coulda had Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern run after Macaulay Caulkin, though
- RT @JesusNeedsNewPR: Is the woman in purple supposed to be on stage? WAC: She just Kanye'd her own movie. Ed. note: Here's the explanation of what happened during the Music by Prudence acceptance speech. It's crazier than I thought.
- My gf's idea: Take the mic to the seat of the winners to speed this thing up. Brilliant!
- No, they did that when Zoe came on stage and almost showed her crotch. RT @Lbluca77: And…all the Star Trek nerds just got a orgasm
- @Jensbellevie @jamielovely If only Rachel McAdams would return my calls and agree to be my second wife, I'd agree
- So glad to see Martin Lawrence finally won for Big Momma's H... wait, oops.
- RT @MarinkaNYC: I have not seen any of the nominated movies, in any category. WAC: To be fair, they haven't seen you, either.
- They just revoked Sandy Powell's costume design #oscar after seeing her outfit. True story.
- RT @maddiemarie: sandy powell "i already have two of these" hmm...greedy insensitive bitch? i think yes. WAC: I already have two testicles, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome a 3rd.
- Is Kristen Stewart's presenter speech delivery part of the horror package? Ed. note: And why was Twilight in the horror movie montage, anyway? What's scary about glittery stardust vampires?
- Ah, the techie #oscars, also known as "Geeks stare at Elizabeth Banks' Cleavage Night"
- Agreed. I'd love a sequel involving bin Laden. Once we catch him and all. RT @kimlw: mannn, inglourious basterds was so goood
- RT @SamAbernethy: @wildarschase demi Moore is the one that looks like an Oscar. In the over bronzed way WAC: She's the Oscar's cougar. Ed. note: Actually, it's probably Kathryn Bigelow, who's fifty-freaking-eight.
- They actually asked Miley to sing for the death montage, figuring that would make people cry the most
- @db126 At least Miley looked decent tonight. And w/ the way she hunched over, she's a shoe-in to play Julia Child if they make a prequel Ed. note: I'm not sure I'm even joking.
- Dolphins already have sex for pleasure, but they'll definitely be banging after The Cove won best documentary
- Honestly, I would relate better to #HurtLocker if it was about dorky teens shoved in lockers. Ed. note: Still a great film
- Does Kristen Stewart mumbling in #Twilight count as Foreign Language Film? No? Ed. note: "Kristen, we really need you to emote in this scene... No, no, not the lip biting thing again, something different. OK, not the hand through the hair thing either... um... um... well, just mumble a bit. OK, great!"
- So.... I haven't seen Avatar... Or any Harry Potter films. Does that make me the only living person with that claim, other than Clooney? Ed. note: ... who seemed pissed off the entire night
- Oprah Winfrey just made an #oscar appearance... I would have preferred Dr. Oz
- Why didn't Keanu intro her and talk about "Speed"? RT @maddiemarie: sandra better take this award home. Ed. note: "Sandra really helped me make it seem realistic for a bus to defy physics and jump a lengthy gap in a bridge."
- Sandra Bullock won Best Actress, making up for the Academy overlooking her thriller, The Net, which stood the test of time. Until Google. Ed. note: Does the fact she also won a Razzie this year cancel out the Oscar and leave her with nothing?
- As "The Hurt Locker" is announced for Best Picture, James Cameron schemes to Avatarize the Academy Awards show next year to control the results
- Bold prediction for 2011: Meryl Streep will be nominated for Best Actress for something. Paris Hilton will not.
Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz
Animated Movie: Up
Best Song: "The Weary Kind," Crazy Heart
Original Screenplay: Mark Boal, The Hurt Locker
Short Film: Logorama
Documentary Short: Music by Prudence
Live Action Short Film: The New Tenants
Makeup: Star Trek
Adapted Screenplay: Jeffrey Fletcher, Precious
Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique, Precious
Art Direction: Avatar
Costume Design: The Young Victoria
Sound Editing: Hurt Locker
Sound Mixing: Hurt Locker
Original Score: Up
Visual Effects: Avatar
Documentary Feature: The Cove
Film Editing: The Hurt Locker
Foreign Film: The Secret in Their Eyes
Actor: Jeff Bridges
Actress: Sandra Bullock
Director: Kathryn Bigelow
Movie: Hurt Locker