There were no survivors.
Just kidding, it went fine. I had already met her parents, but she hadn't met mine since they don't live near here. So, Capricorn came down to Baltimore, where my sister was moving from one part of the street to another. Capricorn, who already had met my brother, met my sister and her boyfriend and my parents, who were in town to help. We all went to Applebees to "Get it Together, Baby!" amd enjoyed an immense amount of food, and everyone had fun (how could you not have fun with spinach-and-cheese dip? Seriously.).
Relationship hurdle, jumped.
Rather than expound on an evening of parent meeting that went well, let's have more fun discussing a past Meet the Parents event that was much more of the Robert DiNiro type.
Ex-Fiance's dad is a genuinely nice person and grew to trust and like me over the several years I was with ex-fiance. But, when I first met him several years ago, I think his goal was to cause me to change my underwear at a moment's notice.
An abridged list of various things he did as The Dad/items about his past history that causes said spontaneous peeing of said pants:
- Talked to me while cleaning a rifle
- Used to be a sharpshooter for the government
- Did I mention the rifle?
- Completed a police background check on me
- Checked my tire pressure before I drove ex-fiance in my car
- Kept ex-fiance on a curfew
- Called her phone frequently to see where she was
- Followed Ex-Fiance and I from our college to Pittsburgh in a rainstorm once, trailing behind a couple cars
- Sat at the end of the parking lot with binoculars and watched me walk ex-fiance to her car
- Murdered kittens
- Did not murder kittens, but had you there for a second, right?
- Reminded me how easily he could hack into anybody's computer, given his job as a computer technology expert
- Has a black belt in karate
So, you can see how no dad from that point on would intimidate me. Have you had horror stories?