The dog looks exactly Snots, the dog that drank all the water out of the Griswold family Christmas tree tub, except this dog isn't drooling and is well-mannered.
I brought Bailey into work a few times when I was living in Connecticut. He slept on my lap the whole day, except for when he unexpectedly barked under a table at an editor and nearly caused spontaneous peeing in a grown man.
So, as per my Friday tradition of being random, here are other things I wish we could bring to work:
- Best friends/significant others: How much better would work be if the BFF was with you? You wouldn't get jack done, but you'd enjoy filling out those TPS reports a lot more, right?
- Liquor: In the old days, reporters used to drink at their desk. Now, I drink green tea out of a clear plastic bottle, which everyone assumes is filled with a urine sample. (Not true)
- A bed: I would be much more productive if I could power nap for 15 minutes every four hours. They do this in Japan or some Asian country, I think. And I don't think it's fair that the women's restroom gets a couch in it, while the men just get urinals and body odor. We don't get cramps, but we do want a nice place to curl up in the fetal position.
- A disc jockey: Wouldn't you appreciate a dance break every so often? Work work work Macarena work work work bump-n-grind work work work waltz.
- Theme music: Every time I accomplish something, I'd like a theme song played, perhaps "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias or "God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You" by NSync or "Superstar" by Lupe Fiasco. Every time a coworker annoys me, I could play "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" by Drowning Pool. Every time I am about to leave for the day, I could play "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves, or "Skinamarinkadink" by The Elephant Show.
- A fireplace: I'd get more done if I could do my talking by the fireplace, FDR style.