This one comes courtesy of several of you who have suggested this guy: ABC 7-Chicago political reporter Andy Shaw.
This Andy Shaw and I share many traits:
- He just finished an illustrious reporting career. I am just starting an ill
advisedustrious reporting career.
- He used to write about education, I currently write about education.
- He was born and raised in Chicago, I have seen the musical "Chicago."
- He enjoys crossword puzzles, I think crossword puzzles are puzzling.
- His story coverage has taken him to Mexico, Canada, England, Ireland and Cuba. I have watched the Olympics in which all those countries competed. Also, I have been to Taco Bell, watched hockey, listened to Radiohead, drank Shamrock Shakes* and admired Fidel Castro's beard. So, again: similar.
- When you Google "Andy Shaw," he is the first name that pops up. I come up by page 3, but only because I write about other Andy Shaw's. I consider this a moral victory.
- This fake Andy Shaw was semi-forced into retirement. Soon, I'll be semi-forced into unpaid vacation...**
** ... News at 11. Well, actually, Monday or Tuesday I'll update you. I just like saying "News at 11."