- Favorite movie: "Pineapple Express" For a stoner movie, it was consistently funny. I like that Seth Rogen had no remorse in writing a script in which his adult character is dating a high school girl. I do wonder how many movies he can pump out before he becomes the next Will Ferrell, turning "Oh sweet, Ferrell's new flick!" into "Sweet fancy Moses, what contrived storyline is he going with this time?" Runner up: "Hamlet 2" and "He's Just Not That Into You"
- Least favorite movie: "Escape from Alaska" Not to be confused with Sarah Palin's vice presidency bid... This is a family favorite for its awfulness: It features the crazy guy from Full Metal Jacket, plus the special effects are atrocious. As in, you can clearly tell they are using a model train set when an avalanche destroys the town. Runner-up: "Slumdog Millionaire." It's not an underdog if it wins everything.
- Favorite song: "Blue Ridge Mountains," Fleet Foxes. Discovered them on "SNL" not that long ago, and have been liking their Beach Boys meets Simon & Garfunkel meets Cold Mountain hillbilly soundtrack....Sidenote: They look like Jude Law near the end of Cold Mountain, too. Don't you agree? Runner-up: "The '59 Sound," The Gaslight Anthem.
- Least favorite song: Any Chris Brown song. Chris Weezy's songs just remind me of domestic abuse now, in the same way that Katy Perry makes me think of vocal abuse.
- Favorite album: "Tha Carter III," Lil Wayne. For the record, I liked this long before he was getting Grammy nods. I like blasting "A Milli" from my Honda Accord. It has a certain jene se qua as passers by see a skinny white guy with a cardigan and a faux hawk pumping it from his stock speakers.
- Best TV Show: "Dog Whisperer." Drop what you're doing (unless you're in the middle of pleasing your partner, and then, please, don't stop, because that's bad manners). Turn on the National Geographic channel. Watch Cesar Millan tame the untameable. I've spent the past weekend calling myself a Dog Whisperer and mimicking pack leader assertiveness as I roll Bailey onto his side and growl. It would be much more impressive if Bailey wasn't a chiweenie. Runner up: "American Idol" and "Millionaire Matchmaker." And it's almost time for "America's Next Top Model"!
- Worst TV show: "Making the Band" is making me upset. I'm boycotting doing Play by Plays on the show until Danity Kane regroups. Right now, Aubrey (who has since done Playboy), D Woods and Shannon have all been fired or quit. Dawn and Aundrea have spent this season wallowing in pity and wondering what to do next. Don't they know that Making the Band isn't have as fun without Aubrey's trainwreck antics? Let's get going, Diddy.
- Best moments: My birthday (celebrated by Southern Belle) and getting featured as the USA Today Pop Candy Reader of the Day.
- Worst moments: Waking up after this dream and wondering what narcotics I must be taking.
- Best decision: Everything I did for Valentine's Day worked out great. Now, of course, I have to top myself next year, which will likely create the need for a helicopter ride or swimming with dolphins or something.
- Worst decision: Deciding it's a great idea to move into a new place where I'll have to put down a $300 nonrefundable pet deposit for a 10-pound chiweenie. (Eh, it's got a washer/dryer and a dishwasher... I'll live).
- Biggest change: In the span of about a month, I went from writing one blog to writing three: Wild ARS Chase, Real Blogger of York County (my blog for work, all on reality TV shows) and, now, "The Office" recaps/news for TVFodder.com). So, add that to my day job as a news writer and I write, oh, say, all the time. In the short term, that's meant a little less blog commenting and a little more writing, but eventually it'll balance out. Thanks for understanding in the mean time, and for checking out my other stuff. I promise not to get all Tyra Banks-esque and try to take over the world.
- Favorite Blog Entry by Me: What I am now considering making a regular feature, my Love Coach texts. I also love doing awards show commentary for all of you.
- Favorite Blog Entry by Someone Else: It gives me great joy to give this to a regular reader, SJ at Funny Gals, for her post on "Animal Husbandry." It involves bunny orgies ("Not as floored, however, as when the male then mounted the female's head.") Please read. And, as far as guest posts go, they don't get much better than Finger Talks' birthday post for me.
Corrie Fee, The Cairngorms - [image: Corrie Fee, The Cairngorms] On the southern edge of the Cairngorm National Park is Corrie Fee, Scotland's most dramatic glacial valley. Let's exp...
1 day ago