">

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

To discuss a Meme story

You guys are all meme crazy. There was more tagging going on yesterday than on a school playground or on a New York City bridge (that means graffiti, for those not in the know).

Couple that with the fact that I am seriously behind on blog reading since last Thursday, before my weekend trip, and you have an overwhelmed blogger. Oh, that and work has been crazy so I can't even read up on your stuff at lunch.

But, as I don't like to disappoint, I'm at least going to do one of these suckers. Since Southern Belle threatened to throw a temper tantrum, I thought I'd oblige. As she mentions, this meme is fairly simple: One person starts a story, then another one continues and so on, until the story makes no sense at all...Here are the instructions.

*****
The bus was more crowded than usual. It was bitterly cold outside, and I hadn't prepared for it. I noticed that a fair number of the riders were dressed curiously. As I glanced around, I stretched my feet and kicked up against a large, heavy cardboard box laying under the seat in front of me. (Splotchy)

I hunched down to see what it was, but as I did, the bus violently veered to left. I was thrown up against a heavyset Asian woman with blond hair. I pardoned myself, but she faced forward with no reply. Just then, a man wearing a jumpsuit of silver and gold stood up at the front of the bus. He was holding a megaphone and a box of graham crackers. He held the megaphone up to his face and began to speak... (Some Guy)

"Ladies and Gentlemen...please do not be afraid! I am here to help you" he said in a mighty booming voice. As he began to step towards me I felt a hand creep its way around my throat and all of a sudden I was pressed against the mighty bosom of the Asian woman as she she hauled me to my feet. She began to back away from the costumed crusader all the while holding me, feet dangling in the air. I panicked and my eyes searched the bus, hoping to connect with someone, anyone who would be able to help me. My eyes met those of the hero in gold and just as I began to gasp for air he yelled...(~E)

„Put her down and no one gets hurt“, he yelled at the Asian woman. All the passengers turned to see what was going on and, as they did, I noticed they were more panicked than I was. A small bespectacled man closest to us hissed at my captor and said in a low voice „Take me, just don't hurt her.“ My fear gave way to curiosity. Who were all these people, and why were they so concerned for my well being?
The Asian blonde's back was now pressed against the back of the bus, and she increased her grip on me as the megaphone man crept slowly towards us. As he passed through the bus people started getting up, and now they formed a small army behind him. He raised the box of graham crackers above his head and put his lips to the megaphone... (That Damn Expat)

"Put DOWN the foreigner and step AWAY from the box!" the hero's voice boomed through the megaphone. The Asian Valkyrie responded by drawing me further into her bosom, and the rest of Golden Boy's speech was muffled as her cleavage nestled around my head and settled on my shoulders. I drew the first tiny shred of comfort since the beginning of this crazy day from the fact that at least my ears were now shielded from the bitter cold.
This didn't console me for long as a slight movement down by the floor caught my eye. I glanced down at the box I had kicked before and noticed it was moving by itself... (SouthernBelle)

The Asian Valkyrie had wrapped up her cat as a Christmas present. In a move straight out of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, AV had accidentally wrapped the poor feline inside a box and had planned to give it to her nephew, who was the Asian dude on Fast and the Furious with the sweet car. But this wasn't just any feline. No, the silver-and-gold jumpsuit man, who was actually an undercover cop, wanted the package because the cat was actually the world's first ever...(Wild ARS)

OK, tag you're it. Instead of tagging people who have been tagged more times than Paris Hilton on a sloppy Saturday night (that's a sexual reference), how about this- if you never do meme's, this is a great time to start. Let me know if you do it (the meme, not Paris).

6 comments:

SouthernBelle said...

fantastic work Andy! I love it

Splotchy said...

Nicely done! Thanks a lot for being infected with this [insert Paris Hilton joke here].

Lump said...

I'm not as talented as you. DAMN YOU.

sj said...

and yet. here i am. tagging you.

HA!

in all fairness, i'm not sure i have before.

WheresMyAngels said...

Omgosh, I think the best part was your Paris Hilton reference.

I used to start these on a couple of my parent support boards (parents that have kids with disabilities). We used to offend quite a few people! lol

Jenners said...

If I could follow what was happening I might say yes but I was starting to get lost with all the people on the bus and the Asians and who was blond and who had the megaphone and the graham crackers...too much for someone who suffers from Mommy Brain.

Super cool though!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin