Yesterday marked my six-month blogaversary.
Oh, and my hometown Steelers won the Super Bowl, too.
Brief Super Bowl sidenote: Capricorn, a Ravens fan, was tuckered out by the fourth quarter, as she and Bailey felt asleep beside me. Meanwhile, I'm more tense than Michael Phelps awaiting drug test results. The Cardinals got a safety and the quick touchdown near the end of the game, causing me to leap from the couch, as Capricorn did the "What in the world is going on?" face. I spent the rest of the game bouncing nervously in front of the TV. I'm fairly sure my heart stopped beating for a moment, not unlike Stanley during last night's "The Office" episode. Also: Capricorn has officially requested the Jonas Brothers be the halftime show next year. I have officially requested it be anybody whose primary fanbase doesn't have grown children.... and who isn't named Jessica or Beyonce.
Back to this guy: I started Wild ARS Chase Aug. 1 with this random post. I got one comment, from a former classmate, so I don't know if that counts. Plus, she complimented me by saying: "Again, nothing better to do while at work."
I never would have thought I could pull off six months of this, let alone have so many commenters and regular readers who I'm not related to at all. I'll hit 200 total posts this week, and have had more than 14,000 visitors since I started, both totals that are as ridiculous to me as Jessica Alba's acting career.
So, thanks for all the support; I've already shared much of my appreciation through the Wild ARS Awards.
Later on, I'll have a list of highlights from the past six months. For now, here are some noteworthy compliments about this blog. You all have a weird way of showing appreciation. If this was a movie poster, you'd all get the captions at the bottom:
- You're like the gay friend I wish I had, except your straight.(Heather, who won a Wild ARS Award for this)
- Andy will pop culture the piss out of you. (JenBun, also an award winner)
- He makes me literally laugh out loud on a daily basis. (She's Lump)
- I'm totally going to stalk you. (kk)
- If I was 20 years younger, I'd totally have a crush on him. (Diane)
- (He's) basically me with a penis. I am addicted to this blog and feel like spreading the infection.(Finger Talks)
- Andy is the Jim-from-The-Office of bloggers, and he makes Pams of us all. (Southern Belle)
- He regularly blows my cover at work, when I start to laugh out loud (SamIAm)
- He has an adorable dog (Kellielea)
- (WAC gets an award) Because he has a dog named Bailey too. But it's a boy. Which is just weird. (Jossie Posie)
- Damn you are good! I think you should quit your job and become a full-time comedy writer! You are that good! Of course, I'm not going to fund you for the first penniless years while you struggle and eventually break through but I support you in your decision to do so. (Jenners)