* By not making it official, I don't feel guilty when I fail. Other unofficial resolutions: Working out more; submitting story ideas to magazines; putting money aside in savings; getting cast in the next season of Jersey Shore by virtue of my audition tape full of Italian stereotypes, up to and including eating a big plate of lasagna like a human Garfield.
But as I got back into commenting, I noticed many of you have:
A) Stopped blogging forever
B) Stopped blogging for several weeks/months, and are now writing again
C) Completely changed your Web site design
D) Changed your blog to a new address/name
While there are cool things like 20-somethings Bloggers to help keep us up to date on what everyone's doing, I think most of us get overwhelmed with it all and fall into a lapse of not blog reading/writing, and then completely miss all the changes going on.
So, to help out, I'd like to invite anyone who has done B, C, or D (A people, it was nice knowing you) at some point in 2009 to comment and let everyone know what's been going on, so that we can check it out.
New web site - what's the address?
Resumed blogging and want people to start coming back?
Just started blogging and are looking for people to come by?
Filming a soft core porn movie and are camera shy?
I'll keep checking the comments and start adding to the post as people (hopefully) tell me what's going on. I gotta update my link roll, anyway, as it's as out of date as a "Saved by the Bell" reference. Time out!
Let me give you a few to get you started:
Hautepocket, who at one point rocked my world with a co-Q&A feature, is now at karlieanne.wordpress.com
LBluca77 moved on over to So ... This Is My Gig.
One of my favorite overseas bloggers, Miss Smidge, moved to a new site.
Updated from comments:
- Cavy will have a new design on her soon-to-be self-hosted site, caviandra.com in a few weeks, so check back on that soon.
- Fellow SBTB lover StealthNerd (who got married in '09!) took a five-month break from blogging, but is back in action at shenaniganist.wordpress.com. And, to be a true overachiever, she also started another blog, streetcake.wordpress.com
- One of blogging's best commenters, Heather, took some time off from blogging, but said she's back in action.
- Just as a mention, I started a reality show blog in 2009, Real Blogger of York County - it's more P.C. than this blog, since it's for my newspaper, but I do interviews with reality stars and more.
- Herding Cats updated her site, which today featured her plan for 2010. I can't even figure out my plan for today.
- Dominique is a new blogger.
- Jurgen Nation started blogging again, and also resurrected a art/literary submission site (not to be confused with a sexual submission site. That involves whips, you know), indieink.org
- Libby, who was an "on and off" blogger in '09, is back in '10. Jess says she's back, too, although she says she's taking it "one day at a time," which is what you say to a guy that is good in the sack but has no personality.
- FunnyGal KAT is wondering why she gets no love for being consistent. OK, fine, we love you.
- Jen Tsk is back in action at Confessions of a Secret Keeper. I hope her secret wasn't that she's back in action, or I just ruined it.
- P has been blogging all the time, but wondering why people with private blogs haven't invited her to read. Help her out by sending an invitation to email@example.com
- AmyXXOO had to stop blogging for a bit in December, but give her a break, she had a baby. That was my excuse, too.
- MinD is hoping to start blogging regularly again at A MinD in MoTown. I suggest she try that yogurt Jamie Lee Curtis always is trying to sell.
- Jenners, whose blog popularity seemed to soar in 2009 at mrsfligs.blogspot.com, is trying out a new blog commenting system. Go try it out, and by that I mean, go comment.
- Sam I Am, one of the few bloggers who knows me in real life, wants to return to blogging soon; she got married last year, so cut her some slack.
- Clairebear decided to get rid of her much-abridged blog address, grlshakeswrld.wordpress.com, and move to girlshakesworld.com
- Kimmers swears she's back to blogging now. Make her uphold that promise at kimmersforlife.typepad.com
- Expect regular posts again at Harmful if Swallowed, says Emmeline.
- Elisse, who just wrapped up a whirlwind decade, is back to blogging, too, now at Hip Deep in Pie (which sounds delicious).
P.S. As part of my re-entry to Blog Land, I came across Joshlos' amazing post on a girl we evidently both appreciate. Our secret is out. Might as well admit it.