">

Friday, January 7, 2011

To discuss letters and standup

Hey dear, lovely people. Hope your holiday stuff was all candy canes and liquor or whatever the kids say these days. I took that time to relax some, and, of course, keep pushing on all this comedy stuff I've got brewing. Sometime soon, I'll update you on my improv troupe.

But for now, let's take a look at my standup routine from last night's open mic. I tried an all-new format that, if you've read this blog for any period of time, will sound awfully familiar. It was a big risk ... and it paid off! I've done more than a half-dozen open mics now, and it seems to be getting better and better. Hmm.



I put a couple samples below for those of you who hate watching videos online. And also, please list any Facebook buttons you'd like to see offered. Let's make this mother interactive.

Dear Neighbor:

We're now several days into 2011, and your holiday decoration is still up. I see it every day when I come home. I thought New Year's would get you some motivation to take it down, but you refuse. It's getting embarrassing. I mean, c'mon. And you're still trying to light it! How long am I supposed to look at a jack o' lantern anyway?

Watching you,
Your neighbor

Dear Facebook:
A lot of people want you to add a "Dislike" button for status updates. That's not nearly far enough Facebook. Might I humbly offer some of these suggestions. A "Hate" button. A "That's What She Said" button. A "Just So You Know I Read All Your Status Updates and Look Through All Your Photos" button. And a "Am I supposed to be impressed and compliment the photo you posted of yourself looking pensive, you douchebag," button.

Sincerely,
Andy

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin