">

Friday, August 8, 2008

To discuss a week-aversary using crude humor

Can you believe I've been doing this for a week? I've got the attention span of a goldfish with ADD, and yet I keep putting up posts, and even more surprising, people keep reading them.
There's been more than 150 visitors so far-- including 100 of me (I do love myself).
There's even been visitors from all over the world, including England, Australia, Korea and Canada. I'm guessing that they visited because the cultural translation for "Wild ARS Chase" is "Paris Hilton Sex Video," but I'll still take it.
What's more, my mom hasn't discovered this site yet, in part because she likely thinks a blog is a piece of Ikea furniture. But as long as she doesn't check this, I can continue using words and phrases like sex, boob and Paris Hilton sex video without fear of a hairy palm laced-guilt trip of my certain damnation. I already have the book of Romans to do that.
I do hope to continue writing often, and I'm even more inspired when you guys leave comments, so keep that up. Otherwise, I'd feel like I'm only writing for my ego and my hairy palms, and, well, I can't handle two big things at once.
Good... got that out of my system.
I do love celebrating one-week anniversaries. It's like you're back in middle school, and you pass a note to your girlfriend on the week mark, with a big heart in it, declaring your unending love. And when most of my relationships at that age were about 3 weeks long anyway, a week was a 1/3 of the time I had. That's basically buy a house/have the first kid/consider leaving her for your secretary territory.
I remember one 8th grade romance where we decided around the one week mark that our official song would be "Lovefool" by the Cardigans (an odd choice, in hindsight). What was your official song?

8 comments:

The Logarithmic Spiral said...

Hey Leonardo by....can't for the life of me remember who sang that. I just remember, "Not because she's phat like Cindy Crawford, she has got so much to offer, why does she waste all her time with me?" Why the hell did I waste all my time with him? It's a mystery...but good lord if I AM phat like Cindy Crawford :)

Andy - Instafather said...

Blessed Union of Soul, I believe. They also did that "I Believe" song that was remixed for 9/11 and made it super-sad, so now when I hear it I'm always reaching for a razor and a bottle of pills.

Tiffy said...

Love the part about the cultural translation! Congrats on the week-aversary..Lol. I love the blog always keeps me laughing. Forward you along to some of my friends and they just love you too!

Brandon Szuminsky said...

Huh...you said sex...

Rab said...

Happy anniversary!

I stumbled here via 20sb and you're going straight to my favourites.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1-Week! Personally, I'm motivated to blog by the thought of my 100th post...I'm 25% there :)

PS: These old-school song memories are sending me STRAIGHT TO iTunes. LOVED the Cardigans in 7th grade. Did anyone else love the Claire Danes/Leonardo diCaprio Romeo & Juliet?

Andy - Instafather said...

Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone. It's been nice checking out all your blogs, too-feel free to suggest blogs I should look at or ask me to add you to my blog roll.
Maris- I was all about that movie. I think Claire Danes is vastly underrated- awesome in Shopgirl, for instance. Weird thing about Leo/Claire version, however, was using Prince "When Doves Cry"- I'm guessing that's not what Billy Shakespeare had in mind.

Anonymous said...

Being one of your 3-week girlfriends back in the day, I can say I always enjoyed your notes, especially when you referred to yourself as romeo and me as juliet. that was, until you had 3-week romances with my friends and found you were using the same lines in all of your notes to them! lauren and i have great fun going through our "box o memories" and finding our "andy notes"!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin