If you read this post yesterday (in order for this week to make sense, un-"mark all as read" and read it. P.S. Thanks), then you should know this week is going to be a "Getting to Know Me" week. I've challenged you to each write a similar post and let me know about it so I can put together something with all the links...If you already said "yes," you're the best thing since slap bracelets.
Later today, I'll have a post that recalls one of my favorite high school stories. It involves hijinx, a car chase and mayhem. No, seriously. Tuesday, Southern Belle has something special for us, as she asks me some intimate questions, which I will blame on the liberal "gotcha" media. I hope she doesn't ask me about Russia or what newspapers I read. Later this week, there's some other good stuff cooking, and I'm not just talking turkey.
All I can say is there will be an "appearance" by a certain famous rapper, and an awards presentation...
On to the Weekend Update. This time, the Update is mostly visual, as Capricorn and I celebrated our faux-holiday, Feliz Navidad 2008, on Friday. Really, it was an excuse to drink margaritas at noon, trim my Christmas tree well before Thanksgiving and eat Mexican food. Jealous?
First, a few mostly context-free things I heard/saw/experienced this weekend:
- New Kids on the Block on the American Music Awards: I appreciated their singing of "Right Stuff." But I still have a hard time listening to them sing about hooking up at a club. Is that before or after they tuck their babies in for the night?
- Murder Mystery Dinner: Props to the people at my church for putting on an excellent program- my group solved the mystery, too. Murder mysteries should be done every weekend. I even know some people I'd like to have murdered.
- An empty table: At a busy restaurant on Saturday, Capricorn, myself and two friends stood beside an empty table for 30 minutes. Wouldn't you know it, that's the table they sat us at. Am I missing something here?
- The Office: I'm catching Capricorn up on this show; we're in the midst of Season 2. We just watched the episode when Michael grills his foot. I, too, like the smell of freshly cooked bacon in the morning.
* Update on the Update: I would be remiss if I didn't tell you guys that, along with Feliz Navidad 2008, Capricorn and I also had our two-month anniversary this weekend. It seems like just yesterday I was at PetSmart with her.