There were many other sights and sounds, however, and so we begin our mostly-context free Weekend Update:
Things I perused:
- The arts and crafts at Michaels. Capricorn and I are going to enter my apartment complex's holiday door decorating contest. We plan on winning, or at least sabatoging other doors. She wanted to do an elf theme, which really works best if you can attach costumed little people to your door to sing merrily to passersby.
- "So, how's the movie going?" Capricorn said. It was Friday night, and I was finally watching "No Country for Old Men." I was about 30 minutes in at that point. My reply, "It's good. About 20 people have died already. They are murdering everyone."
- Steak with shrimp parmesan topping, at Applebees. I felt guilty having a mouth orgasm with my family sitting so close by.
- The 1,000th piece of Halloween candy, as I try to make my way to the bottom of the bowl. Are you still eating your leftovers?
- Bailey trying to find Velcro, who was perched atop a chair. Velcro, the tiny kitten my parents brought from their house, eventually swatted Bailey in the face. Velcro 1, Bailey 0.
- "Sex and the City: The Movie" Capricorn wanted to watch it, and I obliged, after she watched football for me. I had only seen a handful of SATC episodes, mostly the TBS, censored version, when I was in college, but at least I knew all the characters and storylines.
- Charlotte is hot and possibly the only normal person in the group.
- I'm glad Samantha didn't bang the neighbor. I could have done without seeing that guy's penis, but then again, there were a lot of boobs in the movie, so fair is fair. Penises (Peni?) look weird, like an unfinished arm.
- Miranda is so stubborn I wanted to smack her...
- BUT I wanted to smack Carrie even more. At least in terms of this movie, Carrie is so self-absorbed, needy, pouting and selfish that she never sees the other person's side and makes everything into a big deal (not just the left-at-the-altar thing). I'm not sure why Big puts up with it. I'd be hesitant to marry a woman like that, too. I didn't hear her apologize the entire movie... Is this where I start getting hate mail?
- The movie was entertaining, at least from a guy's perspective. I'm just glad I watched football beforehand to balance everything out.