Some quick thoughts:
- The Top 90s Young TV Couples poll closed on Sunday. In an election more heated than Obama vs. McCain, Zack/Kelly of Saved by the Bell narrowly lost out to the winner, Cory/Topanga of Boy Meets World. Kevin/Winnie pulled out a third-place finish. Kermit and Miss Piggy garnered just seven votes, their worst showing since the made-for-TV Muppet Christmas special. I'm not surprised Cory/Topanga won. They always seemed right for each other, even in real life. It's nice to know Ben Savage and Fred Savage had a strong showing.
- Will/Lisa, "Fresh Prince"2 (1%)Zack/Kelly, "Saved by the Bell"27 (25%)Cory/Topanga, "Boy Meets World"29 (27%)D.J./Steve, "Full House"6 (5%)Dawson/Joey, "Dawson's Creek"9 (8%)Kermit/Miss Piggy, "Muppet Babies"7 (6%)Kevin/Winnie, "The Wonder Years"19 (18%)Stefan/Laura, "Family Matters"1 (0%)Kirk Fogg/Olmec "Legends of the Hidden Temple"1 (0%)Other3 (2%)
- Another poll is up, this one for just two weeks. The question: When do you put up holiday decorations? I had mine up before Thanksgiving this year, a record. At this rate, I'll be celebrating Valentine's Day on New Year's.
- If you haven't already, check out JenBun's post, which links to an effort to raise money for the Lupus Foundation of America; her blog friend, Rachel, has a sister-in-law that suffers from the disease. You can donate through her site. At least one of us out there is doing something good. I spent much of last night swearing at a treadmill and eating granola bars. (Capricorn and I decided to start working out.)
- If you leave a comment, here's your assignment: Look at the spam verification word. Whatever it is, no matter what, you have to write a definition for it. So if it's "aslongo,' for example, you could say it's Swedish long underwear. Get it? I would like to be impressed, and I know you won't let me down.