I did enjoy watching all of you struggle with NaBloPoMo. You seemed consumed by the monumental task of posting every day. I can't shoulder that responsibility. It's hard enough for me to remember to put on pants in the morning.
Nevertheless, November is over, so here are the highlights and lowlights:
- Favorite movie: "Quantum of Solace" It had everything you could want from a Bond movie- action, thrills, international conflict, a reason to like British people, and PG-13 sex scenes...Runner-up: "Role Models" and "No Country for Old Men"
- Least favorite movie: "Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights." It's just not good. I didn't see many terrible movies this month (did you?) but maybe that's because I'm just blocking it out like it never happened, kind of like Britney Spears' marriage to that Jason guy.
- Favorite song: "Gamma Ray" Beck. This might at one point qualify for its own entry, because there are several groups/singers I like now that I didn't get at all when they first came out. "Odelay" was OK for me at first, but now it sounds genius, as does his new stuff. Runner up: "Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You," Black Kids and "Love Lockdown," Kanye West (despite me mocking him).
- Least favorite song: "If I Were a Boy" Beyonce. If you were a boy, you wouldn't be able to wear those mini-dresses that show off your birthing hips, now would you Beyonce? Stick to the moneymaker...Runner-up "So What," P!nk. She really needs to write a song that involves a key change and varying beats. O?ay, P!nk?
- Favorite album: Home Alone soundtrack. I can't stress enough that the holidays aren't complete without me listening to "O Holy Night" sung by little children, and that sweet-ass rendition of "White Christmas" with the falsetto.
- Best TV Show: "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." The season just wrapped up with Charlie writing his own musical, which inadvertantly includes a rape scene and child molestation. In other words, just another day on IASP. All that is right and wrong with the world can be found on this show (it's on FX). Runner up: "The Office" and "House."
- Worst TV show: "Heroes." What the hell happened to this show? I had to stop watching it. I don't like the characters anymore, the plots are full of holes and are hard to follow, people die and come back all the time and there doesn't seem to be a point to it all. All I want to do is punch Hayden Panettiere in the face. Hard. Twice.*
- Best moments: Creating Feliz Navidad 2008, my co-blog experience with Ben and Thanksgiving.
- Worst moments: Calling my blog crush the wrong name.
- Best decision: Having Capricorn meet my parents before Thanksgiving, so there would be less pressure for the holiday weekend. Things are going along great with her (we're past two months). That's good, because my mom still wants those overdue grandchildren. And they don't make themselves (unless you're the Virgin Mary or Clay Aiken). Runner Up: Deciding to do Get to Know Me week. And voting.
- Worst decision: Turning off the spam filter for the comments. Although the results were funny.
- Favorite Blog Entry by Me: Writing my Dream Date for Ben, and writing about Taxicab Confessions for Haute Pocket.
- Favorite Blog Entry by Someone Else: So many to choose from, as I made a lot of new blog friends this month. All of your Get to Know Me entries were great- I was seriously impressed. Some of my favorites include this one by AmyXXOO about becoming possessed, and Sara's impressive list of things to know about her. What were your favorite GTKM posts?
* Once with brass knuckles.