To better understand what all of you want, there's a new poll up. It's all just for fun (I won't hold a grudge. I reserve grudges for certain high school girlfriends who dumped me for better looking guys). It's just market research to get a better sense of what you most like of the regular features I do (please, no write-in votes for "When Andy takes a day off."), and what I should do less frequently (i.e., Andy, take a hint.)
Here are the options, in random order:
1) TV Play-by-Play: Minute-by-minute recaps of reality shows, such as Top Model, which basically writes itself.
2) What I Learned From Cosmo: Revealing all the sexified tidbits hidden in "Cosmo," so that others might save themselves $4.29. (Latest post coming Monday... plus a special surprise later this week).
3) Month in review: Highlighting all the best and the worst of the previous month.
4) Love Coach cell phone texts: A new feature previewing what kind of texts you might get if you signed up for the shameless Love Coach service.
5) Fake Andy Shaw of the Month: Highlighting other Andy Shaws out there in the world, plus celebs that look like me, like a young Kevin Costner.
6) Co-blogs: Co-written ventures with some of my favorite bloggers. Has led to such infamous posts as this series with Ben, plus 2009 predictions from myself and Lump.
7) MILF, or Music I Loved Fridays: A look back at a song/group from the 90s, and what I was thinking at the time. The latest was Blink 182, first heard by me in "Can't Hardly Wait," which, coincidentally, played on VH1 later that week. Maybe they read my blog.
8) Weekend Update: Kind of like VH1's Best Week Ever, except it's only the weekend and I don't have out-of-work comedians commenting on my life. Here's one on The Wrestler and how I hate reality shows on large families.
Thanks for participating. Suggestions are welcome, since I'm basically making this up as I go, like a pilot landing a plane on the Hudson River, or Paris Hilton acting in a movie.
Here's the results of the last poll, revealing that nearly as many of you have a serious blog addiction as those who read in moderation. Please seek medical help, such as a therapist, psychologist, or Yaz (I hear it works wonders).
How many blogs do you read in a day?
1-5: Just a few
6-10: Daily dose
11-25: Losing sleep
26-50: I attend meetings
I don't even read my own blog