That's what it came to with Capricorn yesterday. She noticed my last post was my Top Model play-by-play last Thursday. In blog time, that's eons, or about 15,000 minutes more than The Bachelor's allotted minutes of fame.
I assured her I haven't abandoned my love for writing Wild ARS Chase, or, in connection, my love of reading your blogs. In reality, it's been a combination of things:
- I'm moving on up to the east side of my town. That's not as dramatic a move as Haute Pocket did, but it still requires packing everything up, painting walls back to their original color (what, hot pink isn't in these days?), cleaning and lining up all the address changes and utilities. Rich people hire people to do this for them. Considering my tax bracket includes the bracket of people who get hired to do such moving, this isn't an option for me. Or, I could hire homeless people. Possibilities...
- I haven't felt great, on and off, for several weeks. It's a series of random headaches that by all accounts and family history are likely migraines, but in any case, it's set me behind. Just another reason I should stop huffing glue.
- Work has become more intense, and I'm trying to write more for my work blog, too.
- And, the best reason: This past Monday was my sixth-month anniversary with Capricorn. So, for the past several days while I was hanging out with her, I decided I wanted to give her all my attention.
Most notably, you've read about our weekend adventures together. So, to commemorate six months with the woman I love and in an effort to hear audible gagging through my wireless Internet connection, here are my six favorite Capricandy-blogged weekend moments:
- Fall Fest 2008: We got so excited about it that it took on all the grandeur and celebration of an actual holiday, Flag Day and Arbor Day excluded. We carved pumpkins and saw a movie that shall not be named.
- Feliz Navidad 2008: Another faux holiday, another eventful weekend. If you aren't creating fake holidays for yourself, do it. It makes everything more fun and gives you reasons to drink and sing. For this day, we made enchiladas, drank margaritas, watched Home Alone and trimmed the Christmas tree.
- First I Love You: In early December, just before my trip to Atlanta, the following happened: "I got nervous and basically blurted (I love you) out after wanting to say it for weeks. It was akin to romantic Tourettes. Fortunately, she thought it was cute."
- Christmas 2008: A real holiday this time, made special by having Capricorn in my life. Also, it was special because I had to buy Capricorn's dad his gift Christmas morning because the store closed early the night before.
- Trip to Pittsburgh: Any woman who is up for a 4-hour car trip to visit my college friends and my parents is worth keeping around. The kicker: On the way home, a delirious, tired Capricorn busted out this freestyle rap: "Ears are popping, pants are dropping, mountains make me so horny."
- Action-packed: We saw The Wrestler, ate Cheesy Tots, dyed her hair, went bowling, knifed derelicts, breast-fed tiger cubs... the works. I love that she's up for anything.
(End of mushy stuff)
I appreciate all of you being understanding if I go occasionally AWOL, but, as I noticed in recent weeks, it looks like several of you don't mind if you have one less blog to read from time to time to lessen the Google reader load. I'll get back in the swing of reading/commenting as soon as my Internet connection is set up at my new place, too. Sorry if you mentioned me and I didn't catch it. Please send me to my room and don't give me dessert.
Coming up soon: Top Model play-by-play, MILF, a moving update, Fake Andy and a ShamWow review.